Sunday 26 January 2014

Yucky weather, cosiness, coffee hair and ach well....................................

Yuck - what has this weather been like? It really just makes you want to hibernate, staying in bed all warm and cosy, reading magazines or books, surfing the net or watching the telly and drinking hot chocolate.


Well, that's the month of January nearly at an end for us and if like me you're now reduced to beans on toast as this has been six week pay month which seems never ending then you will be glad to see the back of it! It's quite hard to budget this month as we have had the expense of Christmas or am I alone in this? Hope not! Mind you -  I love February as it's a short month, has Valentines day (yep - still fall for that mush!) and it's my birthday too!! Yay!!

So what's been happening here in dinkytoyland? Well, I met MadMazza for an afternoon tea last week. It took place in the hotel where I got married in 24 years ago!! At least it's changed a lot since then but it was quite spooky in a way - if you get my drift? It was great to see her as we tend to catch up at least twice a year in person. But we have the type of friendship that we don't need to see or hear from each other all the time but we pick up where we left from and it was as if we had just saw each other yesterday.

Our afternoon tea was really scrumptious - plenty of sandwiches and cakes and a glass of bubbly. Quite a decadent day making us seem like 'ladies wot lunch'. so it was good to catch up on her gossip and news. I'm happy for her as she has met a lovely guy who makes her happy - she was positively blooming. And after an unhappy and sad time a few years ago - I'm excited for her. It couldn't happen to a lovelier lassie.

I also work with a few nice ladies at work but I do have to tell you about DosyRosy. I was telling them that I've started to use that new shampoo that Boots keeps advertising. You know the one from Germany that contains caffeine? Well whether DosyRosy was only half listening or what - she's only been telling everyone that I was my hair with coffee! I though this was hilarious especially when a newbie asked me if I did? I can just see it in the college rag - 'eau du café permeates the campus'!!


I have to update you on the situation with Hamish. We've met up another couple of times and have had a good time together. He is great company and on Friday there we went bowling but if I'm honest peeps by the time a Friday night arrives I'm don't want to go out as I'm just so tired after a long hard week at work. Gawd how old does that make me sound? Is anyone else like this too or is just a dinkytoycarism? So, to get back to the date night - I met him and though we had a great time - being honest my heart just wasn't in it. So we had a wee chat and we are going to remain friends. I think maybe that I'm not ready for this dating malarkey yet. Ach well.................

OH!! Have to say have managed to get a book that has me hooked - at long last!! It's the new Stuart McBride one - A Song for the Dying. Not bad and when I finish this I'm going to start - Dominion by CJ Samsome. Anyone read that one?

 
 
 
A wee thought:
 
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you - (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
 
And a song for us - loving this one ever since I heard it!
 
 
Till next time peeps - take care of yourself and each other.
 
Dinks
 
xxx
 

3 comments:

June said...

Well really enjoyed this blog today. Sorry to hear that there is no romance but good to see you are going to remain friends. Not read any of these books yet but may download them for a nosy. Not going up to Aberdeen to fish slap yer eldest this week? Look forward to the next blog. Mawdoll xxxx

Dinks x said...

Thanks mawdawl. And yep some things are just not meant to be. Nope won't be at Aberdeen as I'm at work lol xc

Dinks x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.