Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year with new beginnings, fresh hope and a new chapter - welcome 2014!! x

Welcome peeps to the start of a New Year and a new blog from me!

I hope this finds you all ready and raring to meet the new challenges that this year will unfold as we travel through it. Hopefully, the fat man in the red suit was good to you and your's and that you have been spoiled and overindulged this festive season.



I love the start of a New Year as it brings fresh hope and the start of a new chapter in our lives. It's almost like we can start again. I also get that feeling every year in August when the kids return to school. Every day for us should be grabbed and each opportunity viewed as an opporchancity. This was brought home to me during the festive period when a good work colleague took seriously ill. It shocked me to the core. Hopefully, he is now on the road to recovery and I wish him and his family good fortune and health in this year. So let's raise a glass to my colleague and his family. (His is non-alcoholic obviously!)



I was reading my magazines today - you know the one's? The celebrity gossip ones published every Tuesday and there was an article in the Bella magazine which made my blood boil!! The author was none other than that Samantha Brick (I'm the most attractive and good-looking lady in the world - remember away back in 2011 and the uproar she caused?) Well sorry hen - maybe with the added addition of a brick in your chops you might be!! So why am I having a rant about her? Because she was having a go at what used to be one of my favourite programmes - Loose Women and the presenters of it. Now admittedly Loose Women has lost its way a wee bit but she derides all the presenters and possible new ones but believes that Katie '(I'm a looney!!) Hopkins would be a great presenter!! Then you can just tell that this article is more about her and a pitch for herself as she brings it around to talking about herself, her presenting it and a new show as well!! GGrrr!! Look at me I'm Sandra Dee -NOT!! I wouldn't mind but she really is a brick short of a wall that woman!! Any woman who preens herself and lets her man dictate how she lives needs to be thoroughly shaken and re-educated!



Another thing that irritated me today was that I was listening to the local radio station - Forth One and they are playing this promo about music and 2014. The presenter of this promo pronounces fourteen as 'forrrteen' and Forth as 'forrrrthe'!!! Ggrr - have already made it known to the station that I don't approve!

So a New Year brings resolutions for us - have you made any? I've decided that I'm going to say things as they are - eg - I won't be mincing my words. Last year taught me a hard and painful lesson so there will be no biting my tongue anymore. However, on a positive note - I intend to try and chill more.   It doesn't matter if we stick to resolutions or not - we should just aim to be happy and have a healthy life with our family and friends. This surely is more important than anything else.?

Couldn't resist this - me auld gran used to say it!!

 
And a tune for the New Year!!
 



A wee thought for today and my new motto:

Life is short and you have to suck it dry'
 

Till next time.

Dinks
xx


No comments: