Monday 6 January 2014

Back to the routine and a controversial viewpoint........................

Well the first week of the New Year is well and truly under way. The majority of us will have had the dreaded return to work and the normal routine to contend with today.



So in pursuit of being healthy and fit - I have kick-started my fitness regime with a return to trying to get back into going to the gym before work! And I'm proud to say that I managed it for today. The  gym was full this morning - (not that that will last long - I'm sure!) but at least I can say that I've started with #operationweddingcountdown. And no it's not my wedding but bridezilla's.



I can't believe that I managed to get up at 5:30am especially after only having 3 hours sleep. Tell me though why is it that when we return to work after the holidays or know that we have to get up -  that we can't sleep or only go into a half sleep?

I met up with an old friend at the weekend and we went to see the new film 'American Hustle'. Crikey - I don't understand what all the fuss is about with this film - it was utter crap and not my cup of tea. I had to stop myself from falling asleep during it - mind you that wasn't hard as I was sitting next to the popcorn monster raider. This guy sitting next to me (not bad looking in a Daniel Craig way- in my defence it was dark!!) kept stuffing the popcorn into his mouth and hadn't even finished that mouthful before he was shovelling the next lot in!! He was more entertaining to watch than the film but also terribly annoying. I just wanted to grab his hand midway between shovelfuls and go stop, chew your food and appreciate it!!



There was a discussion at work today about suicide - which has been on-going since before Christmas as some of my colleagues have been affected by it. Our workplace is providing counselling to those affected but the view that most of them have taken is one of sympathy. But I don't understand how anyone can feel sympathy for the person - I simply can't. I view it as a completely selfish act as they have gone but have left their families, friends, those that care for them and even people on the side-lines to deal with the repercussions and devastation. Some don't even leave a clue as to why- imagine the torment that these families face and the pain- it never goes away - the questioning themselves as to what/should/could they have done. And what about the family members who find them - sometimes even their own children/relatives? Their lives are wrecked. No it's not right. I am talking about adults here not children. Adults who know the difference. I appreciate that this is not everyone's view but it is mine. I understand that people can go to very dark places but there is help available and with the multimedia that we have available nowadays help is only a button or phone-call away. This wasn't always my point of view but as I've got older and saw the devastation that it causes to the families my viewpoint has changed radically. It didn't go down well but we are all entitled to our own viewpoints.

A wee thought for today:
 
'Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect.'
(Margaret Mitchell)

This song was playing on the radio as I was writing this blog - so I've posted it.

 
Till next time
 
Dinks
 
xx
 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dink's - liked this blog and your out view. You're saying it how it is. Quite refreshing.